Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) : Oneliners from Robbins 9/e & Surgery books
- MC type of NHL = DLBCL
- Frequent pathogenic event in DLBCL = BCL6 dysregulation.
- Mutations of p300 & CREBP genes (encoding histone acetyltransferases) are found in = DLBCL
- Along with CD19, CD20 the B cells in DLBCL may also express = CD10 , BCL6
- MC type of NHL seen in HIV patients = DLBCL
[subtype = immunodeficiency-associated large B cell lymphoma]
- "Primary Effusion Lymphoma" MCnly seen in = advanced HIV infection.
- In Immunodeficiency-associated subtype virus playing critical role = EBV
- In Prim. Effusion Lymphoma subtype virus playing critical role = Kaposi Sarcoma virus i.e. HHV8
- Lymphoid tissue MCnly involved in DLBCL = oropharyngeal i.e. Waldeyer ring
- DLBCL variety with worst prognosis = those with MYC translocations (5%, and often confused with Burkitt lymphoma)
- Combination Chemotherapy useful in Rx = Anti-CD20 Ab.
Potential MCQ section :
Mark without doubt DLBCL as the MC type of =
Primary CNS lymphoma
Small intestine lymphoma
Image Base Qn section :
Look out for large cells with a large nucleus appearing vesicular , chromatin and nucleoli are pushed to the nuclear membrane margin.